[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Bulk Importing Subject Headings

Andrew Morrison andrew.morrison at bodleian.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 21 04:09:56 EDT 2022

I haven't done this myself, but I think the only way to bulk-load all
those fields would be via an API script. That means building a JSON
representation of each subject record, using something like Python, then
sending it to this ArchivesSpace backend endpoint:

https://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/api/?python#create-a-subject

However, if just loading just the term and source fields would be good
enough, it could be done by building an EAD or MARCXML file and loading
that via the staff interface.

Andrew.