[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Large Indexes in ArchivesSpace?

Olivia S Solis livsolis at utexas.edu
Tue Mar 15 11:32:08 EDT 2022

Hi Jeremy,

We have a few similar resources, and have made each line an archival
object. I think it generally works fine, especially since it allows for
searching within ArchivesSpace, as the collection organization tab in the
PUI/Hierarchy tree in the staff side allow you to navigate the index. In
the PUI, though, most of the index which you would scroll through searching
for a term is all pushed to the side and the majority of on-screen text is
inherited from the collection level. I am curious how others might handle
this. We actually have a few cases of indexes that span multiple
collections/resource records, and we are not sure if we can get those into
ASpace.

We are not quite ready to launch our PUI, but this is what our Bexar
archives index looks like in the PUI:
[image: Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 10.26.01 AM.png]

We have work to do still. e.g. We have to attach top containers to the
archival objects so the index can be used in a more ArchiveSpacey way, but
the information is there to be navigated.

We have more indexes we want to convert to ASpace records to ease the
burden of maintenance.

Thanks,
Olivia