[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Large Indexes in ArchivesSpace?

Jeremy Barney barneycj at hope.edu
Tue Mar 15 09:32:08 EDT 2022

Hello!

The Joint Archives of Holland (Hope College) has been working on migrating
data into ArchivesSpace, and I am looking to see if anyone has suggestions
on how to handle some large indexes (500-1000 pages) that the Joint
Archives shares with researchers.  At this time we have the indexes as PDF
files in Digital Commons (https://digitalcommons.hope.edu/news_index/), but
we are interested in making them searchable from our ArchivesSpace public
interface.

Would I need to add each part of the index as archival objects in
ArchivesSpace or is there another method where the text from the indexes
could be added to the system (I thought about the notes area of a resource
record, but 1000 pages is a lot of text!).

Thank you,

Jeremy

Jeremy Barney
Assistant Librarian for Metadata and Digital Collections
Hope College
Van Wylen Library
53 Graves Place
Holland, MI 49423