[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Unable to view suppressed records

Daniel Michelson dmichelson at smith.edu
Tue Jan 12 10:56:35 EST 2021

Hi Angela,

There are actually two requirements for viewing suppressed records.  First
is the user permissions, but in addition, the first setting in user
preferences ("Show Suppressed?") must be checked.

Hope that helps.

All the best,

Dan

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 10:44 AM Angela Kroeger <akroeger at unomaha.edu>
wrote:

> As admin, I am able to view suppressed records. When I search the
> repository, suppressed records appear in the search results with a
> prominent "suppressed" flag ahead of the title.
>
> However, for users who are not admins, there doesn't seem to be any way
> for them to view suppressed records, even when they are assigned to a group
> that has "view suppressed records in this repository" checked in the
> permission list.
>
> For example, someone in the Manager group is unable to view the resource
> record they themself just suppressed. I have confirmed that the Manager
> permission includes both "suppress the major record types in this
> repository" and "view suppressed records in this repository." And I have
> confirmed that the user in indeed in the Manager group. They should be able
> to view suppressed records, but testing both search and browse for known
> suppressed resource records confirms that these records are not visible to
> them.
>
> What am I missing? What else do I need to do to allow Managers to actually
> view suppressed records?
>
> Thank you!
>
> *Angela Kroeger*
> Metadata Coordinator
> Archives and Special Collections
> UNO Libraries | Criss Library 107
> University of Nebraska at Omaha | unomaha.edu
>
> 402.554.4159
> akroeger at unomaha.edu
> They | Them | Their

Dan Michelson
Project Manager Archivist
Smith College Special Collections

Due to COVID-19, Special Collections is offering limited, remote reference
and digitization services and ongoing consultations for faculty, students,
and other researchers. Smith course support is our primary responsibility
at this time. All other requests and inquiries will be responded to as we
are able.

For information about Smith College’s response to Covid-19, please visit
the Smith College Libraries <http://bit.ly/SCLcovid-19> and Smith College
<https://www.smith.edu/student-life/health-wellness/coronavirus> websites.
For information about library services during this time, information is
available on our website.