[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Unable to view suppressed records

Angela Kroeger akroeger at unomaha.edu
Tue Jan 12 10:44:15 EST 2021

As admin, I am able to view suppressed records. When I search the repository, suppressed records appear in the search results with a prominent "suppressed" flag ahead of the title.

However, for users who are not admins, there doesn't seem to be any way for them to view suppressed records, even when they are assigned to a group that has "view suppressed records in this repository" checked in the permission list.

For example, someone in the Manager group is unable to view the resource record they themself just suppressed. I have confirmed that the Manager permission includes both "suppress the major record types in this repository" and "view suppressed records in this repository." And I have confirmed that the user in indeed in the Manager group. They should be able to view suppressed records, but testing both search and browse for known suppressed resource records confirms that these records are not visible to them.

What am I missing? What else do I need to do to allow Managers to actually view suppressed records?

Thank you!

Angela Kroeger
Metadata Coordinator
Archives and Special Collections
UNO Libraries | Criss Library 107
University of Nebraska at Omaha | unomaha.edu

402.554.4159
akroeger at unomaha.edu<mailto:akroeger at unomaha.edu>
They | Them | Their

[cid:5e6a7e54-2a0e-4175-8db5-1da43e431d01]