[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Imported Index - Fix or Toss?

Christie Peterson cpeterson at smith.edu
Thu Nov 8 17:37:20 EST 2018

If the indexed terms are all included in the free-text areas of description
that the links point to, the search functionalities of ASpace or another
public user interface will largely make the index not worth the bother of
saving.

If you feel there is real value added to having these terms called out
beyond their inclusion in searchable text, you could turn them into
controlled access terms (either subjects or agents, as appopriate) and link
them to the relevant Archival Objects. That's probably not an insignificant
amount of work, though, so you'd want to be sure you have a reality-based
scenario where you think your users would want that.

Cheers,

Christie

Christie S. Peterson
Manager of Technical Services for Special Collections
Smith College
cpeterson at smith.edu
she/her/hers