[Archivesspace_Users_Group] [Archivesspace_tac] ASpace Kansas City Regional Forum - Registration is now open!
Christine.Kim at lyrasis.org
Fri Nov 9 17:09:19 EST 2018
Dear ArchivesSpace Community,
The ASpace Kansas City Regional Forum is just 3 weeks away! Registration is currently open!<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/archivesspace-regional-forum-kansas-city-2018-tickets-50618209427>
We are thrilled to share that during this forum, we plan to offer a session in the afternoon that highlights the diverse phases of ArchivesSpace implementation. During this session, we invite organizations to provide a quick 5 minute overview on where their institution is currently at with implementation, as well as any challenges they're facing as they move forward into the next phase. Following the overview, we will open up for a 10-15 minute group conversation sharing any insights, ideas, or lessons learned to help you navigate into your next stage.
We are looking to represent a diverse spectrum of community organizations, including public libraries, academic institutions, museums, religious organizations, and historical societies. We encourage smaller institutions as well as lone arrangers to consider participating in this session.
Please let me know if you are attending the forum and would be interested in participating in this session. Program specifics continue to be shaped by the working group. The most current information is available on the ArchivesSpace wiki<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/728662017/Kansas+City+Regional+Forum+-+November+2018>. Thanks!
ArchivesSpace Community Engagement Coordinator
christine.kim at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.kim at lyrasis.org>
From: archivesspace_tac-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org <archivesspace_tac-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org> On Behalf Of Christine Kim
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2018 8:21 AM
Subject: [Archivesspace_tac] ASpace Kansas City Regional Forum - Registration is now open!
Join us for the ArchivesSpace Regional Forum in Kansas City!<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/archivesspace-regional-forum-kansas-city-2018-tickets-50618209427>
The regional forums are opportunities for our diverse ArchivesSpace members to meet up more locally to share and learn from each other through workshops, focused discussion sessions, and presentations. Registration is now open!
* Location: Midwest Genealogy Center
* Date: November 30, 2018 (Friday)
* Time: 9am - 5pm
* Parking: Parking & Transportation<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/737607692>
The specifics continue to be shaped by the working group. The most current information is available on the ArchivesSpace wiki<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/728662017/Kansas+City+Regional+Forum+-+November+2018>.
Morning Workshops: The morning will feature two hands-on, engaging workshops. Please register for the workshop you are interested in attending. Each workshop is limited to 15 participants.
* Workshop A: Choose Your ASpace Adventure
* Instructor: Miloche Kottman, University of Kansas Libraries
* The content of this workshop will be determined by a poll presented during registration check-out. Options include:
* Option 1: Deep dive of Accession & Reource records: How to create an accession record, all about notes and spawning; How to create a resource record, all about notes, creating multi-level description, adding instance(s)
* Option 2: Built-in ArchivesSpace efficiencies: Learn how to use Rapid Data Entry; set up default values for new accession, resource or digital object records; import EAD record with archival objects and merge with brief top-level resource record; controlled value list; default note order; LCNAF Import plugin; Container and Location management
* Option 3: Controlling Data in ArchivesSpace: Data cleanup in ArchivesSpace; Cleaning up controlled values list; adding values to controlled values list; creating agent/subject records; merging duplicate agent/subject records
* Workshop B: Introduction to Git and GitHub: A hands-on workshop
* Instructor: Jamene Brooks-Kieffer, University of Kansas Libraries
* Workshop Description: Git is a powerful open source version control tool that was originally designed for software development projects. GitHub is a web-based service that offers the functionality of Git plus additional features that enhance collaboration and project management. The combination of Git and GitHub creates a redundant, transparent, and reproducible work environment. However, accessing items available on GitHub (such as ArchivesSpace source code, documentation, and migration scripts) can be confusing and frustrating without training and practice.
This workshop will introduce you to the basics of using Git on the command line, setting up your own GitHub repository, and contributing to projects hosted on GitHub. This workshop will also introduce you to using Markdown for formatting plain text files. You do not need to have any prior knowledge of Git, GitHub, Markdown, or the Unix-style command line to attend.
Afternoon program: The afternoon session will highlight stories and experiences through presentations and group discussions. A catered lunch will be provided.
* Speaker submissions: Currently accepting submissions! More info here: http://archivesspace.org/archives/3210
Registration, including the "Workshop A: Choose Your ASpace Adventure" poll, is now open: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/archivesspace-regional-forum-kansas-city-2018-tickets-50618209427
We will kick off the forum on November 29th (the night before) with an optional happy hour at Smokehouse Barbecue<https://www.smokehousebbq.com/>. Join us for a casual get together so we can get to know each other over delicious Kansas City barbecue! We'll provide a selection of appetizers to share. You are welcome to purchase your own drinks or additional food. This social activity is open to everyone.
If you have any questions (or ideas!) related to the regional forums, feel free to email Christine Kim at christine.kim at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.kim at lyrasis.org>.
Kansas City Regional Forum Working Group
Danielle Butler (Central Arkansas Library System)
Marcella Huggard (University of Kansas)
Miloche Kottman (University of Kansas)
Patrice-Andre Prud'homme (Oklahoma State University)
Christine Kim (ArchivesSpace)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 58033 bytes
More information about the Archivesspace_Users_Group