[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace agent and permissions enhancement feature request

Jasmine Jones jjones at smith.edu
Fri Nov 3 11:22:36 EDT 2017

Dear colleagues:

Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College are considering
a consortial implementation of ArchivesSpace, where we would run a single
instance of ArchivesSpace that would have anywhere from one to multiple
repositories dedicated to each school. We have run across a barrier,
however, which may prevent us from moving forward. The agent records are
fully shared across all repositories. There is no functionality to create
repository-specific/unshared agents or to limit specific subrecords in an
agent record to members of a repository, while sharing other agent
subrecords across repositories.

We have confidentiality needs for certain agents that prevent us from being
able to share all of our agent data across all repositories. To that end,
we would like some mechanism to create and restrict specific agent data,
such as unauthorized/non-display name forms, contact details, notes,
related agents, external documents, based on user permissions.
Functionality details still need to be more fleshed out.

We have posted a new feature request to the ArchivesSpace Development JIRA (
https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1928), but we would love to
connect with those of you who might also be interested in this feature.
More information about our request can be found on JIRA, as well as in the
attached PDF. If you are interested or would like to learn more, please
feel free to contact me at jjones at smith.edu, and I will share you
information / questions with my colleagues at Hampshire and Mount Holyoke
Colleges.

Best,

Jasmine Jones
Smith College Special Collections