[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Position statement on multitenancy

Christie Peterson cpeterson at smith.edu
Wed Dec 13 11:28:51 EST 2017

Hello,

Google and listserv archives brought me to the 2011 ASpace position
statement on multitenancy
<https://archivesspace.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Position-Statement-on-Multitenancy-20111111-1.pdf>
(watermarked as a draft), which states, in part:

"Within the context of the ArchivesSpace project ... tenants within the
application should be viewed as what would be otherwise freestanding
instances of the application, and information should not be shared across
tenants. If an institution should need to share data between clients within
the application, implementers should use the approach where the application
hosts more than one repository within one tenant."

I couldn't find anything more recent addressing this question (but please
point me to it if I missed it).

So my question is, is this still the official or defacto position of
ArchivesSpace's community, core developers, and governing bodies?

Thanks,

Christie Peterson
--
Christie S. Peterson