[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Splitting off one repository into a new database

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at virginia.edu
Wed Dec 13 12:01:53 EST 2017

I’ve never tried it, but I expect it would not be simple.

If I had to do it, I would probably attempt to clone the existing database to a new instance, and then delete the other repositories and attached resources from the new instance staff interface.

Alternatively, you could migrate to a new instance using the backend APIs to copy resources and just copy the global resources and those attached to the repository being migrated.

Theoretically, you could do this sort of migration in SQL, but it would require mapping out all of the dependencies pretty well and I’m not sure how well that is documented.

— Steve Majewski