[Archivesspace_Users_Group] rights types and upgrade to 2.1.1

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Wed Aug 23 09:37:46 EDT 2017

Dear Jason,

Making rights type a non-configurable list was part of the rights specification that was distributed prior to this enhanced functionality being built into 2.1.0. The intent of this particular change was to maximize compatibility with PREMIS, but to allow “other” as a value, the specifics of which users could then specify within the Other Rights Basis field. Other Rights Basis is a configurable list.

The JIRA with all the parts of the specification is here: https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-123

This is the JIRA explaining the migration path: https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-114

Did your custom rights statements get migrated as Other with an Other Rights Basis that matches your previous label? We didn’t receive much feedback from people during testing about how their rights migrations went and whether what they expected to see was there, though it was something we asked for in the original release candidate announcement. During the migration, previous rights statement info. is also backed up into a table called rights_statement_pre_088. Are you seeing that in your installation?

We do know that if someone adds or deletes a value to/from a non-configurable list (which can’t be done through the Manage Controlled Value Lists area in the staff interface, but potentially can be done by working directly with the database) that it affects other parts of the application, which would explain the other behavior you describe.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>