[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Help Desk Inquiry

Brad Westbrook brad.westbrook at lyrasis.org
Tue Aug 23 09:53:25 EDT 2016

Hi, Betsy,

I am sorry to hear you had a problem migrating your Archon database.  I have not heard before a report of a problem with digital objects migrating.  Do you mean the digital object records did not come over or do you mean the files, since Archon stored the digital content?  If you are talking about the content files, did you provide a URL for where the files are to be storied and did you exercise the option to download the digital files (see pages 11-12 of the Archon>AS migration guidelines at http://www.archivesspace.org/migrations).

Let me know if this is not the problem  you encountered or the problem is not corrected after following this part of the guidelines.   If that is the case, I will forward your request to a couple of team members who have more experience in migrating Archon data to ArchivesSpace and they will be able to help you out.

Please keep us informed as to how your installation proceeds.  And thank you for your supporting membership.

All best,

Brad W.

Bradley D. Westbrook
Program Manager