[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Approximate, Inferred, Questionable - how are you using it?

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Tue Aug 30 11:13:31 EDT 2016

Dear Lydia,

The supplied values for date certainty/date qualifiers come from MODS and are probably most likely to be used in conjunction with digital objects. This information can also be used in EAD (as a certainty attribute for a unitdate), but these values are not currently used in EAD exports or the public interface in ArchivesSpace.

As with anything, if the data exists it could potentially be useful in the future, but as far as I know there are no plans on the horizon for its use within the application for resources. Institutions can customize the EAD exporter if they wish to include this info. on an EAD export. The PDF uses the EAD as its basis, so you would also need to customize the PDF stylesheet to have this information display there.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Community Outreach Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
800.999.8558 x2905
678-235-2905
cdibella13 (Skype)