[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Problem with record being entered/worked on disappearing...

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Fri Apr 22 09:26:13 EDT 2016

Hi Patricia,

Can you describe in a little more detail what the volunteer was doing when this happened and how the records disappeared? Was it a resource or a different kind of record, and was it an entire record, or only certain components? There have been some reports of issues when people are using the Rapid Data Entry (RDE) tool that appear to be related to a cookie that is set in the browser, and of people occasionally deleting things beyond or in the place of what they intended to delete, but I’m not aware of reports of records just disappearing otherwise.

(Just a clarification on your last sentence. Your ArchivesSpace installation is on a server maintained by either your organization or a hosting provider, so you would need to check with the appropriate IT person about whether there were any network or hardware issues related to performance if the problem was not due to the software itself.)

Christine

Christine Di Bella
Community Outreach Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>