[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Installing ArchivesSpace on a Windows/MySQL server: my step-by-step instructions

Ben Finberg bfinberg at okeeffemuseum.org
Thu Apr 14 18:46:29 EDT 2016

Don't worry, you're talking to a fellow non-programmer and I think we can get through it. You're right that the process is a little different for Windows 10 than in that doc. Here's another Word doc with screen snips attached, plain text below. Your paths for Java 1.8.0_77 are in steps 5 and 7:

1)	Right click the start menu and select system:
2)	In the Window that pops up, click Advanced System Settings
3)	In the window that pops up click Environment Variables
4)	In the window that pops up, in the lower pane, find the Path variable and click Edit
5)	In the window that pops up, click New and add the line the bin directory of your for your Java location. (For you it would be c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_77\bin) And hit OK.
6)	Back on the Environment Variables window, click New on the bottom:
7)	In the window that pops up, for variable name type JAVA_HOME and for path set it to the Java directory (the same one as above, minus the bin at the end) and hit OK.
8)	OK your way out and reboot. You may need to do some of the subsequent steps again from there, or it may start working after the reboot.