[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Archon to ArchivesSpace Migration Problems & Questions

Maura Carbone mauraa at brandeis.edu
Thu Jul 2 12:53:39 EDT 2015

Hi Phillip,
With regards to number 5, it is a known issue. I have one of the earlier
emails about this saved: "This is not a bug, but rather has to do with how
the information was entered into archon in the first place. To fix, a
find-replace on all records with will need to done changing [i] into <i>
and [/i] into </i>, directly on the backend data."

Brian detailed a bit more: "You can do this with the Batch Find and
Replace feature
(found in the “Background Jobs” section). But you need to test this first
in a test environment using a copy of your database. When you are ready to
proceed and use your production database, make sure to back it up first."

I'm not sure if something like that would need to be done for your other
special characters as well.
-Maura