[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Archon to ArchivesSpace Migration Problems & Questions

Suda, Phillip J psuda1 at tulane.edu
Thu Jul 2 12:44:42 EDT 2015

Good morning all,

                 I have performed migrations from Archon to ArchivesSpace successfully. I have then upgraded to the most recent version of ArchivesSpace (v.1.3.0) for each of my instances. This all works better locally (MacBook for me). I have a few questions regarding problems we are noticing with the migrations. I do not know who to ask specifically, but here it goes:

1.       Public Interface Special Characters & Diacritics:

a.       Example: Alcée Fortier papers, 1894-1911 in Archon changes to Alc√(c)e Fortier papers in ArchivesSpace (v.1.04-v.1.3.0).

2.       Public Interface Scope & Content Notes: these are migrated to ArchivesSpace as large text blobs; they were formatted in Archon (indentation, paragraphs, etc.)

3.       Public Interface Repositories Odd Behavior:

a.       Are all “types” supposed to appear when selecting Repositories? It seems that if you select a repository, it should show you the collections only  OR signify the associated collection for each object/type in question

b.      When selecting a repository, the appropriate collections appear but “global” appears with results below the selected repository:

[cid:image005.png at 01D0B4BC.7A725930]

4.       Classifications appear to be duplicated:
[cid:image006.png at 01D0B4BC.7A725930]

5.       Components show [b] and [/b] OR [i] and [/i] in lists and headers:

[cid:image007.png at 01D0B4BC.2405DE00]

6.       Can the Collections be sorted by Collection #/Identifier?

Thank you for any and all help regarding these issues.

Thanks,

Phil

Phillip Suda
Systems Librarian