[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Yale ArchivesSpace Committee

Caldera, Mary mary.caldera at yale.edu
Mon Nov 10 16:08:47 EST 2014

Dear ArchivesSpace colleagues,

The Yale ArchivesSpace (AS) Committee continues to move toward our goal of AS implementation across Yale by July 2015. The committee's goals and approximate target dates for this year are as follows:

1.       Oversee development by vendor (Hudson Molonglo) of increased functionality in the areas of accessions management and collections management. Our primary development areas include enhancements to the accessions module, search, and container management functionality. (November 2014-March 2015)

2.       Test migration tool and all import/export functionality. (February 2015)

3.       Develop policy documentation for users and usage. (January-March 2015)

4.       Develop needed XSLT for data exports. (April 2015)

5.       Develop reports for local requirements. (June 2015)

6.       Migrate data from Collections Collaborative (including Divinity, Music, and Medical), Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library (BRBL), and Manuscripts and Archives (MSSA) Archivists' Toolkit instances to single AS instance. (March-June 2015)

7.       Serve as consultants to Yale repositories who wish to migrate non-AT data as necessary. (October 2014 to December 2015)

8.       Contribute to the ArchivesSpace community by providing feedback, reporting bugs, contributing to AS core code or plug-ins, and sharing documentation and experiences. (ongoing)

9.       Plan, schedule, and implement training for staff. (March 2015)

10.   Yale implementation of AS across units (staggered). (April-July 2015)

11.   Hand off enterprise-level application support to YUL-IT. (July 2015)

More information about the committee and our work, including goals, timeline, and committee membership can be found on our committee page<http://guides.library.yale.edu/yalearchivesspace>. We will also be providing periodic updates via our ArchivesSpace at Yale<http://campuspress.yale.edu/yalearchivesspace/> blog. "Follow" us if you want to receive the blog posts directly. We welcome your feedback!

On behalf of the Yale ArchivesSpace Committee,

Mary Caldera and Mark Custer
Co-chairs