[Archivesspace_Users_Group] extending the available metadata in the Tree view

Kevin Clair Kevin.Clair at du.edu
Mon Nov 10 14:19:34 EST 2014

Hello,

Is it possible to extend the tree view for a Resource to display descriptive metadata about a collection or component if it doesn't have any Instances attached to it? We have a fair number of series records in our repository that won't ever have instances attached to them, and our archivists have asked questions about why some items display identifiers but not others. It would be helpful for them to see at a glance what the component ID for a series is, without having to actually open the component record.

I've looked through the source code to see how the tree view generates itself but haven't been able to determine if there's a way to get at component IDs, or really anything other than the instance metadata.

Any help appreciated. thanks!

cheers,
-k