[nfais-l] Margie Hlava Named as Miles Conrad Award Winner

Bonnie Lawlor BLawlor at nfais.org
Thu Jan 30 16:52:55 EST 2014

NFAIS NAMES MARJORIE M. K. HLAVA AS THE 2014 MILES CONRAD AWARDEE

.

I am pleased to announce that Marjorie ("Margie") M. K. Hlava has been
selected as the 2014 Miles Conrad Award Winner by the NFAIS Board of
Directors. She  will be presented with the prestigious Miles Conrad Award on
February 24, 2014 at the NFAIS 56th Annual Conference in Philadelphia, PA.

Margie is a well-respected (and well known) information industry pioneer and
a long-time active NFAIS member.  She has served on the NFAIS Board, as
NFAIS President, and has chaired the NFAIS Standards Committee since 2001.
Margie has also served leadership roles in other industry associations such
as ASIS&T, NISO, ASIDIC, SLA, and the former Information Industry
Association. Her accomplishments and contributions to our industry are far
too numerous to list here (see the press release for a sampling at
<http://nfais.org/pressreleases?prid=24>
http://nfais.org/pressreleases?prid=24). Most of you know and have worked
with Margie in some capacity over the years, so you all know how well she
deserves this honor.

She will present the Miles Conrad Award Lecture at 4:00pm on Tuesday,
February 24th during the NFAIS Annual Conference.  Please be on hand to join
with all of us in offering our congratulations (details on the conference
can be found at: http://nfais.org/event?eventID=530).  If you cannot be at
the conference, please reach out to Margie and celebrate with her.

Congratulations, Margie!!!!!!!!

Bonnie Lawlor

Retiring NFAIS Executive Director

1518 Walnut Street