[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Condition Report

Sarah Shepherd SShepherd at srmml.org
Mon Oct 16 09:14:45 EDT 2023

Hi all,

We are trying to decide what to do about our collection condition reports. Do most archives use the condition description field on the accession record and not have anything on the resource record? Our accession records are a bit wonky due to legacy local accessioning practices so we are trying to figure out if it would be better to attach the condition description to the resource record. We thought about using the physical description note and making it private, but it is a bit clunky and seems ripe for errors. We usually click publish all after our review process so we would have to remember to unclick the physical description note each time. What are everyone's practices for condition reports? Does anyone use assessments or events? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Sarah
_______
Sarah H. Shepherd (she/her), Archivist
Scottish Rite Masonic Museum and Library
33 Marrett Road | Lexington, MA 02421
Phone: 781-457-4129 | Email: sshepherd at srmml.org<mailto:sshepherd at srmml.org>