[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Condition Report

Maureen Cresci Callahan mcallahan at smith.edu
Mon Oct 16 09:57:47 EDT 2023

Hi, Sarah! Have you spent any time with the assessments module?

There's a nice training online that could give a bit more information:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1lmWsrkz4U .

It looks like U/Fl uses it the way you're describing:
https://guides.uflib.ufl.edu/c.php?g=419550&p=5871966 and the folks at Yale
have done their own training: https://vimeo.com/569101847

Maureen

On Mon, Oct 16, 2023 at 9:15 AM Sarah Shepherd <SShepherd at srmml.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> We are trying to decide what to do about our collection condition reports.
> Do most archives use the condition description field on the accession
> record and not have anything on the resource record? Our accession records
> are a bit wonky due to legacy local accessioning practices so we are trying
> to figure out if it would be better to attach the condition description to
> the resource record. We thought about using the physical description note
> and making it private, but it is a bit clunky and seems ripe for errors. We
> usually click publish all after our review process so we would have to
> remember to unclick the physical description note each time. What are
> everyone’s practices for condition reports? Does anyone use assessments or
> events? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
>

> Best,
>
> Sarah
>
> _______
>
> Sarah H. Shepherd (she/her), Archivist
> Scottish Rite Masonic Museum and Library
>
> 33 Marrett Road | Lexington, MA 02421
>
> Phone: 781-457-4129 | Email: sshepherd at srmml.org

*Maureen Cresci Callahan*
Sophia Smith Collection Archivist
Smith College Special Collections
Northampton, Massachusetts 01063
voicemail: 413 585 2981
email: mcallahan at smith.edu
videoconference: https://smith.zoom.us/my/maureen.callahan

pronouns
<https://www.smith.edu/about-smith/equity-inclusion/gender-identity/pronouns>:
she/her/hers

Information about the Sophia Smith Collection of Women's history
<https://libraries.smith.edu/special-collections/about/sophia-smith-collection-womens-history>