[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Migration from Archivists' Toolkit to ArchivesSpace

Geoff Edwards geoffrey.edwards at cincyart.org
Mon Nov 27 11:08:56 EST 2023

Hi all,

We're in the process of trying to migrate our archival collections database from Archivists' Toolkit to ArchivesSpace. Better late than never...or so I thought. However, we've run into problems. The migration tool for transferring data from Archivists' Toolkit only works with ArchivesSpace up to version 2.6.0. As advised, we've tried to install this older version as the basis for our migration, but my IT contact is struggling to get it working - he cites a lack of installation instructions for that particular version of AS and difficulties using the older versions of the required third party software.

So, I'd like to know if anyone has successfully used the AT to AS migration tool in the last few years and can offer any hints/tips/tricks/hope? Alternatively, are there other options we should consider, such as simply installing the most recent version of AS and migrating our AT data via some other method? I've thought about exporting our finding aids from AT as EAD files and then importing them into AS, but what about the other data sets such as accessions, digital objects, subjects, names, etc?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Geoff

Geoff Edwards
he/him/his
Archivist/Records Manager
Mary R. Schiff Library & Archives

geoffrey.edwards at cincyart.org<mailto:geoffrey.edwards at cincyart.org> | 513-639-2977
953 Eden Park Drive | Cincinnati, OH 45202
cincinnatiartmuseum.org

Cincinnati Art Museum   through the power of art,
we contribute to a more vibrant Cincinnati by inspiring
its people and connecting our communities