[Archivesspace_Users_Group] trouble setting up solr

Saunders, Mike m.saunders at NLS.UK
Mon Nov 27 09:40:06 EST 2023

Hi Christine, I think my access to the archivesspace list might be going into spam, but I saw your reply - I took your advice and reinstalled solr, using a different java version (not sure if this made any difference) and it worked - I also downloaded the most recent schema.xml and solrconfig.xml from the archivesspace github incase there was any errors in the current one. This gave a checksum error but I just switched the checksum flag in the config.rb to false, and everything is now working!

I had tried changing the name from 'managedschema' back to 'schema' but it just kept changing it! Which is strange; I had looked at the link you sent to the solr documentation before, and the schema factory tag was set correctly it the solrconfig. So I really don't know what it was!

I may be back with more questions, but your solution worked, so just wanted to say thanks! Hope you had a good thanksgiving.

Mike Saunders (he/him)
Library Systems
National Library of Scotland
312-320 Lawnmarket