[Archivesspace_Users_Group] trouble setting up solr

Saunders, Mike m.saunders at NLS.UK
Wed Nov 22 04:30:06 EST 2023

Hi all, I'm attempting to set up a local development/testing install of archivesspace. I've successfully got the sql server and database ready to go, but I'm having trouble at the solr stage. Solr is running, and I can see the archivesspace schema at http://localhost:8983/solr/#/archivesspace/files?file=schema.xml. However, when I attempt to start archivesspace I get an error - the message is long and I'm happy to copy more of it, but as far as I can see the important part is that it can't see the schema - "Can not find: schema.xml [C:\\solr-8.11.2\\server\\solr\\archivesspace\\conf\\schema.xml]", "code":404".

When I go to check to see if the schema is in that folder, it's renamed to managed-schema. The schema and solrconfig etc are all intact in server/solr/configsets/archivesspace/conf.

I'm running it on Windows 11.

Has anyone else come across this or can give me troubleshooting tips?

Thanks,

Mike