[Archivesspace_Users_Group] trouble setting up solr

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Wed Nov 22 11:12:16 EST 2023

Hi Mike,

This is going to sound silly, but if you shut down Solr, then rename that schema file manually back to what it's supposed to be called (schema.xml) and restart, does anything change? I see from this page in the general Solr documentation<https://solr.apache.org/guide/6_6/schema-factory-definition-in-solrconfig.html> that there are conditions under which that file does gets renamed.

I use Windows and since I mainly need to install and run ArchivesSpace myself for testing purposes, not production, when I encounter problems with Solr my usual approach is to go back to the beginning, make a new configset and core and try again. Most of the time that solves it for me. If the problem persists for you, though, and there aren't other suggestions, we can help you through a tech support ticket, though it may take a few days to get to it.

(I am not at all the Solr expert on the team, but answering as the American contingent of the ArchivesSpace community is probably a little sparse for the next few days since there's a holiday here tomorrow.)

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>