[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace Hosting Services

Jessica Steytler jasteytler at minlib.net
Mon Nov 13 12:55:40 EST 2023

I'm another +1 for Library Host

On Thu, Nov 9, 2023 at 1:38 PM Sarah Shepherd <SShepherd at srmml.org> wrote:

> Hi Sarah,
>

> Thanks so much for being willing to chat! Sarahs unite! I would love to
> ask you some questions about your experience and why it’s been a mixed bag.
> Here are some of the questions we are considering:
>

> 1. How was your migration experience?

Decent enough. We had to cross walk from our library catalog

> 2. How is their support? Do you find that the advanced support hours are
> enough for major updates etc.?

We've been pretty good with their support

> 3. How is their support for plugins? We only use the LCNAF plugin but are
> open to using more in the future.

They're responsive to your needs- I haven't hit any stumbling blocks so
far, but I haven't asked a lot from them, either

> 4. Do you have a custom theme for your public interface? If so, did you
> work with Library Host to create one?

Not yet

> 5. If I may ask, what tier plan do you use? Higher plans have a faster
> server—if you are on a lower plan, do you find the server slow?

We have such a tiny need, we did not go full fancy. I find the the server
to be good. The one time it was slow, I let them know and they fixed it.

> 6. Anything else we should know about Library Host?

I'd say go for it :)