[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Question re: Linking Finding Aids

Leah Tams leah.tams at duke.edu
Fri Mar 24 12:23:42 EDT 2023

Hi VivianLea,

I believe what you would need to do in the Location is specify that it is a file path and then include the full filepath itself. So, for example, the location might be file:///C:\Users\leahtams\Documents\FindingAid.docx (that is how my filepaths are, but yours may be different). If they are stored on your personal computer and not a shared network, it's important to note that you'd be the only person who can access it, since the filepath would be pointing to something on your specific machine. If you wanted others to be able to access it, it would need to be in a shared environment.

Hope this helps,
Leah

she/her/hers
MSLS in Archives & Records Management
Accessions Coordinator
Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library
Duke University
leah.tams at duke.edu<mailto:leah.tams at duke.edu> | leahtams.org<http://www.leahtams.org/>