[Archivesspace_Users_Group] issue adding new subject and agent records

Anthony Morgano anthony.morgano at mam.org
Tue Mar 14 16:16:19 EDT 2023

Hello, all!

I run the library and archives for the Milwaukee Art Museum and we recently started putting our collections onto ArchivesSpace. We've run into a problem as of yesterday: we are no longer able to add new subjects or agents. When anyone (including admins) try to either upload an agent from LCNAF/LCSH or create a new subject or agent record, it appears as if the request was completed, but the new subject/agent is not listed with the rest of the records and cannot be added to any resources. We've also noticed that if we try to manually add the subject/agent, we're usually met with an error message making it appear as if the subject/agent already exists. We can even click to view the conflicting record, which leads to an actual record that appears to have been created, but is listed with the rest of the subjects/agents and cannot be added to any resources.

One processor was able to add subjects and agents as of Thursday afternoon, but not as of yesterday.

Thank you so much for your help!

Cheers,

Anthony Morgano
Librarian/Archivist
Milwaukee Art Museum–Research Center
700 North Art Museum Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53202

T: 414.224.3819
anthony.morgano at mam.org
Pronouns: he/him/his

MILWAUKEE ART MUSEUM
700 N. Art Museum Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53202
mam.org<https://mam.org/>

Native America: In Translation

See the work of 10 artists considering Indigenous histories, cultures, and representation through a contemporary lens. Plan your visit at mam.org/native-america<https://mam.org/exhibitions/native-america/>.