[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Querying ArchivesSpace using MySQL Workbench

Valerie Addonizio vaddonizio at atlas-sys.com
Tue Jun 20 15:44:24 EDT 2023

Margaret,

There is this classic resource that I’ve leaned on in the past: https://campuspress.yale.edu/yalearchivesspace/2015/09/08/mucking-around-in-archivesspace-locally/comment-page-1/

I was recently made aware of this resource on the tech-docs page; though it was written against 2.7.1, a lot of the basics are the same: https://github.com/archivesspace/tech-docs/blob/master/architecture/backend/database.md Though they are complex, you may find the sample queries (halfway down the page) helpful to get you started. You’ll also want to scan the relationship tables since you’re likely interested in locations and their relationships to top containers (or vice versa).

Neither of those is truly quickstart, but they are the two ASpace-specific resources I know of.

-V