[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Time markings in date fields from bulk import spreadsheet

Bowers, Kate A. kate_bowers at harvard.edu
Tue Jul 25 13:01:56 EDT 2023

Anytime you edit a cell in excel and it looks like a date, excel will convert it to a date. It’s horrific if you don’t notice until it’s too late. There are lots of tricks to get around this, but excel is tricky. Pre-1900 dates are another level of awful.

That said, I use Excel a lot, but not without caution.

Kate