[Archivesspace_Users_Group] making custom Advanced Search fields available in PUI using Extended Advanced Search plugin

Norton, Channing cnorton9 at library.rochester.edu
Tue Jul 25 13:24:37 EDT 2023

All,

Our institution is attempting to use some of the fields in the Extended Advanced Search plugin (https://github.com/hudmol/extended_advanced_search) in the PUI in addition to the staff interface. As it stands, we have the plugin working fine in a test environment for the staff interface. We've edited a few stanzas in the main file to include public visibility:

AdvancedSearch.define_field(:name => 'use_restrictions', :type => :boolean, :visibility => [:staff,:public], :solr_field => 'use_restrictions')

That said, this does not appear to have the desired effect. Namely, this field will not be visible in the PUI, though it remains visible in the staff interface. If I'm understanding the documentation here:
https://archivesspace.github.io/tech-docs/customization/plugins.html
It SHOULD be. Does anyone have any insight here?

Channing Norton (He/Him/They/Them)
Senior Programmer Analyst
Digital Initiatives
University of Rochester