[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Move archival objects to another resource

Andrew Morrison andrew.morrison at bodleian.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 24 04:04:35 EDT 2023

There is a Transfer button above the tree when editing archival objects.
It provides no way to specify where inside the destination resource to
position the archival object, so you will then have to edit it again,
enable reorder mode, and move it.

I've never used it myself, but I have used the corresponding API endpoints:

http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/api/#transfer-components-from-one-resource-to-another

http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/api/#move-existing-archival-objects-to-become-children-of-an-archival-object

They also move subrecords of the record being moved.

Andrew.