[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Move archival objects to another resource

Paul Sutherland psutherland at amphilsoc.org
Fri Jul 21 17:43:23 EDT 2023

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there's a quick way to move an existing archival object
and its children to a position under another existing resource.

We have a collection that we wish to merge with another collection, by
making the first collection a series of the second collection. We've made a
finding aid for the second collection, and would like now to merge them.

I realise I could use some combination of the bulk import templates and
bulk update spreadsheet to create new objects. A colleague has also been
using EAD import for this. I'm wondering if there's a more direct way
already inbuilt. This is something we expect to do a lot more soon.

Thanks,
Paul

--
*Paul Sutherland* (he/his)
Archivist of Indigenous Materials
cnair at amphilsoc.org

*I respectfully acknowledge that I work and reside in Lenapehoking, the
homeland of the Lenape people in past, present, and future generations. I
am grateful for the past and ongoing generosity of numerous Indigenous
communities and individuals who have offered guidance, expertise, and
opportunities for collaboration that make my work possible. *

Learn more about ...
- The Indigenous Subject Guide <https://indigenousguide.amphilsoc.org> to
our Indigenous collections, updated frequently
- Blog posts <https://www.amphilsoc.org/blog-category/cnair> by CNAIR staff
& fellows
- Fellowships <https://www.amphilsoc.org/grants/fellowships> (residential
and non) for working with our collections and elsewhere
- Scheduling a visit <https://www.amphilsoc.org/library#paragraph-36> to
our Reading Room to view our collections
- Our latest museum exhibit *Pursuit & Persistence: 300 Years of Women in
Science <https://www.amphilsoc.org/visit-museum>, *open until December 30,
2023