[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Rights Statement notes indexed in PUI even if unpublished

Dan Michelson dmichelson at smith.edu
Fri Apr 21 16:14:32 EDT 2023

Hi Benn,

We actually just noticed the same issue today, except with unpublished
accession records being indexed, which results in hits on any linked
published records (credit to my colleague Michelle Paquette for working out
where the indexer was pulling from).

I suspect this issue may be systemic, but haven't had the opportunity to
test it out.

Dan

On Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 2:34 PM Benn Joseph <benn.joseph at northwestern.edu>
wrote:

> Happy Friday all,
>
> I’ve just noticed that when I add text to a Rights Statement in the
> ‘Additional Information’ sub-note, that text is indexed in the PUI even if
> the Rights Statement is unpublished (although the Rights Statement text
> doesn’t display in the PUI even if it is published). Is this normal? If
> not, I can create a ticket.
>

> Thanks,
>
> --Benn
>

> *Benn Joseph *(he/him/his)
>
> Head, Collections Services
>
> McCormick Library of Special Collections & University Archives
>
> Northwestern University Libraries
>
> Northwestern University
>
> www.library.northwestern.edu
>
> benn.joseph at northwestern.edu <benn.joseph at northwestern.edu%0d>
>
> 847.467.6581

Dan Michelson
Collections Archivist
Smith College Special Collections

For current library access and services details, see Library Services
During COVID-19
<https://libraries.smith.edu/library-services-during-covid-19>.