[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Cataloging framed portraits

Dean DeBolt ddebolt at uwf.edu
Wed Sep 28 10:20:38 EDT 2022

We have a small art gallery on campus (The Art Gallery) called TAG.   Some
years back, they asked for a way to
be able to 'catalog' their holdings online.  Then we were using Archon and
they wanted simply be able to look at
paintings and their 'accession' record.  I was a little concerned about the
accession record being public but their
staff had no issue with it.   So I just did simple listing of the object,
with scans of the painting and of the form.

Later these transferred to ArchivesSpace when Lyrasis managed a transfer
for us.  They're not perfect, and I
would do my entry a little differently for art pieces or framed works here
in Archives, however here's an
example:

https://uwf.lyrasistechnology.org/repositories/2/digital_object_components/2440

Dean

Dean DeBolt, University Librarian (Professor)/University Archivist
UWF Archives and West Florida History Center
University of West Florida Library
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
ddebolt at uwf.edu;   850-474-2213

West Florida History Center is the largest and most comprehensive
history collection about Pensacola and the West Florida region.
http://libguides.uwf.edu/universityarchives

Digital collections can be found at:  http://uwf.lyrasistechnology.org
<http://archives.uwf.edu/>
and http://uwf.digital.flvc.org

If we've been of service, please let us know or our administration,
Dean of Libraries <sclark2 at uwf.edu>