[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Advice for reordering large numbers of records

Wendy Scheir scheirw at newschool.edu
Wed Sep 14 10:22:26 EDT 2022

Hi Catie,

Unfortunately, the bulk editor is not useful for a big reordering job like
that (nor for adding or deleting components). It sounds like the API might
be the right route for you. What I had been thinking to suggest--since for
us using the API means enlisting help from another over-worked
department--was a longer process, where you'd export the spreadsheet,
re-sort in Excel or Open Refine, import this as though a new series,
deleting the other one.

All best,
Wendy

____________________________________

WENDY SCHEIR

director
THE NEW SCHOOL ARCHIVES & SPECIAL COLLECTIONS

66 FIFTH AVENUE, NEW YORK, NY 10011

scheirw at newschool.edu
<https://www.newschool.edu/email-signature-generator/robinsa1@newschool.edu>

T 212-229-5942