[Archivesspace_Users_Group] collection_id/Resource Identifier in import spreadsheet

Olivia S Solis livsolis at utexas.edu
Wed Oct 26 09:42:30 EDT 2022

Hello all,

We have been using the spreadsheet importer for bulk adding archival
objects for years, using the EAD ID column to link to the correct resource.
We had a situation pop up where we may not have that number assigned yet,
but we want to upload part of the inventory. I tried using column B
(collection_id/Resource identifier) to link to the right resource.

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I can't get the AOs to get created
with column B. The documentation in the original Harvard spreadsheet (which
we still use a version of because of a lot of customization added) defined
the field like so: "The Resource "Identifier", aka collection-level
unit_id, OR, could be internal resource record number from URL."

I keep getting the following error:  Row 6: ERROR Row 6 will not be
processed due to errors: This row is missing BOTH an EAD ID and URI
I tried the Identifier field:
[image: Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 8.34.36 AM.png]
I tried it as it appears in the database: "camh-arc-004438", null,null,null
I tried the path given in the URI:
[image: Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 8.34.50 AM.png]
And I tried just the numeric ID, in the case above 4398.

What am I doing wrong here? I can't think of many other identifiers that
are unique to the record.

Thanks,
Olivia

--