[Archivesspace_Users_Group] PUI Ordering and Sorting Issue

Andrew Morrison andrew.morrison at bodleian.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 11 04:53:46 EDT 2022

I'd forgotten about clean_for_sort. I've overridden it myself, in a
plug-in. The simplest way is:

 1. In plugins/local, create a subfolder called "indexer"
 2. Create a file in that subfolder called "indexer_common_override.rb"
 3. In the file, declare "class IndexerCommon"
 4. Copy the def for clean_for_sort into that, and adjust it to meet
    your requirements.
 5. Restart and re-index.

Something like:

Would be a less anglocentric substitute for:

[^\w\s]

If that works, you probably won't have any empty title_sort values, but
in general you can control the sorting of records without values in
schema.xml with the sortMissingLast attribute, see:

https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_8/field-type-definitions-and-properties.html

Andrew.