[Archivesspace_Users_Group] PUI barcodes display in AS 3.1.1

Cory Nimer cory_nimer at byu.edu
Tue Mar 22 11:53:01 EDT 2022

Colleagues,

We are currently testing the migration from AS 2.8.1 to 3.1.1, and following migration we discovered that the public interface was displaying container barcodes by default in both search results and in the Physical Storage Information section of the record display. For example:

[cid:image002.png at 01D83DD2.9DB60D50]

[cid:image001.png at 01D83DD2.0D09EB50]

This was not the case in version 2.8.1, where containers were listed but the barcode was not displayed. Is there any documentation about this change in the display, or is does anyone know if this is a configurable option for the application? Checking this on the ArchivesSpace test instance (test.archivesspace.org) this value does not appear to be displayed in either the search results or the record display.

Best,

Cory Nimer
University Archivist
Brigham Young University