[Archivesspace_Users_Group] finding aid template?

Leah Tams leah.tams at duke.edu
Thu Jun 16 11:29:33 EDT 2022

Hi Tess,

You might consider taking advantage of the Default Values feature in ASpace—it allows you to set up a template record that pre-populates the fields of your choosing. Here is a link to a helpful document from the Orbis Cascade Alliance: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GjSoZlocBRlt7uDCqbduF4TUgopfNcc9/view. Pertinent information begins on page 10, with the heading “Pre-Populating Fields with Default Values.” It is particularly useful for standardizing notes, as well as providing instructions within a field. We only use it for Resource records at Duke, but it can also be used for Accession records.

I hope this is helpful! Happy to chat more if you’d like.

Best,
Leah

she/her/hers
MSLS in Archives & Records Management
Accessions Coordinator
Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library
Duke University
leah.tams at duke.edu<mailto:leah.tams at duke.edu> | leahtams.org<http://www.leahtams.org/>