[Archivesspace_Users_Group] PUI requests

Newhouse, Sarah snewhouse at sciencehistory.org
Tue Apr 5 16:08:32 EDT 2022

Hi all,

My institution is planning to launch the PUI this summer and we're interested in hearing from other institutions who are using the "request" function either to generate an email or in tandem with another system. Specifically, I'm interested in hearing if using this button has generated an unreasonable volume of requests or spam/bots/jerks using the button to cause chaos. (Or the opposite - you expected a deluge of access requests but your usage stats stayed about the same.)

This is a concern that has come up before, so I'd love some community and peer institution anecdata for when it comes up again.

Thanks!

Sarah Newhouse   (she, her, hers)
Digital Preservation Archivist
Othmer Library of Chemical History
t. +1.215.873.8249

Science History Institute
Chemistry * Engineering * Life Sciences
315 Chestnut Street * Philadelphia, PA 19106 * U.S.A.
Learn about the scientific discoveries that changed our world at sciencehistory.org/learn<https://www.sciencehistory.org/learn>