[Archivesspace_Users_Group] FW: Nominations sought for ArchivesSpace Technical Advisory Council
zmijewski at industrialarchives.org
Mon Apr 25 15:10:16 EDT 2022
Hi All, just a reminder that we have a week to go before the nomination period ends. Please consider volunteering to get your feet we in this rewarding program.
The ArchivesSpace Governance Board is seeking nominations to fill up to six (6) vacancies on the ArchivesSpace Technical Advisory Council (TAC).
The Technical Advisory Council (https://archivesspace.org/governance-board-and-councils#TAC) is a critical part of the ArchivesSpace community, having responsibility for providing technical guidance to individuals or organizations contributing to application development, to the User Advisory Council, and to the ArchivesSpace Governance Board. While the idea of the Technical Advisory Council may sound a bit intimidating at first, membership in TAC is typically more focused on the experiences/workflows/needs/interests each member brings to the group rather than their technical abilities. At their core, TAC subteams focus on maintaining documentation, guided software testing, and reviewing enhancements. It's in these areas that your experience with ArchivesSpace can be invaluable.
TAC's current activities include:
* Reviewing user-submitted enhancements and priorities for the application, in collaboration with the User Advisory Council. (Development Prioritization<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AC/pages/38502430/Development+Prioritization+Sub-Team>)
* Conducting user-centered testing of the application prior to releases, in collaboration with the User Advisory Council. (Testing<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AC/pages/38502432/Testing+Sub-Team>)
* Documenting the metadata standards used by ArchivesSpace and monitoring the standards landscape. (Metadata Standards<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AC/pages/2889678883/Metadata+Standards>)
* Identifying integration points for ArchivesSpace with other systems (e.g. digital asset management systems, patron and request management systems, etc.) and creating resources to assist the community with integration work. (Integrations<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AC/pages/2888728640/Integrations>)
* Maintaining and updating technical documentation, including documentation of the API. (Technical Documentation<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AC/pages/2888892490/Technical+Documentation>)
* Providing support and resources to help develop a community of code committers.
Nominees should preferably be presently employed at an ArchivesSpace member institution (please refer to the member list at: http://archivesspace.org/community/whos-using-archivesspace/) or employees of a current Registered Service Provider (see: http://archivesspace.org/registered-service-providers/current-rsps/). Nominations from non-member institutions will be considered based on their expertise and ability to contribute to the TAC. As the community for a software application used in many different settings, we seek diverse voices in working to improve ArchivesSpace and support those who use or may benefit from using it. We especially encourage Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, and others currently less represented in our governance groups to consider joining us in these important leadership roles.
The anticipated time commitment for each appointee is expected to be two hours per week on average.
The term of service will be July 1, 2022-June 30, 2025.
To nominate a candidate for the ArchivesSpace Technical Advisory Council, please submit this form at <https://forms.gle/m2nN49M34CPgnvci9> https://forms.gle/DkDnb2NLRBgy3ecJA. The Nominating Committee will review all nominations and recommend appointments to the Governance Board for approval.
Nominations must be received by 9:00 p.m. EDT on Friday April 29th. Please contact Christine Di Bella, ArchivesSpace Program Manager, at christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org> or any member of the Nominating Committee with questions.
Thank you for your participation in this important process, which is an essential part of our identity and operations as a community-based software organization.
Industrial Archives & Library
Chair, and Governance Board member
On behalf of Nominating Committee members:
Dan Michelson, Smith College, Chair of User Advisory Council
Randy Kuehn, University of Louisville, Chair of Technical Advisory Council
Julia Tanenbaum, University of Wisconsin, representing very large membership level
Aaisha Haykal, College of Charleston, representing large membership level
Tiffany Cole, James Madison University, representing medium membership level
Corinne Chatnik, New York State Archives, representing small membership level
Sara Butterfass Schliep, Folger Shakespeare Library, representing very small membership level
Christine Di Bella (ArchivesSpace Program Manager), ex officio
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Archivesspace_Users_Group