[Archivesspace_Users_Group] news about Lora Woodford

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Mon Nov 15 13:20:28 EST 2021

Hello ArchivesSpace members,

It is with regret that we announce that Lora Woodford will be leaving her position as ArchivesSpace Junior Developer to take a position with a government contractor working on open source solutions. Her last day will be November 19. She will be deeply missed by her fellow team members and the ArchivesSpace community.

In her nearly four years with ArchivesSpace Lora has been involved in many different aspects of development for the application. A substantial amount of the code in every release since 2018 can be traced back to @lorawoodford, including key features such as container merging and expanded language support. She has also worked on less visible but no less important technical improvements like formalizing the build process for releases, improving automated test coverage, and changing the way our technical documentation is generated.

In addition to her development work, Lora has been an invaluable resource for the ArchivesSpace community. Lora is the rare combination of an excellent developer and incredibly knowledgeable archival professional, and we have benefitted from her analytical mind and sharp insights time and time again. Her involvement with the Core Committers group even predates her joining the ArchivesSpace team, and her institutional memory of that group is unsurpassed.

LYRASIS, the Organizational Home for ArchivesSpace, will be working to fill this position soon. In the meantime, we will shift our development focus to some infrastructure-focused projects that are already underway. Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

We wish Lora well in her future endeavors and look forward to opportunities for our paths to cross in the future. Lora has promised us that this isn't a forever good-bye as she aims to continue to contribute to the ArchivesSpace technical community when possible. We thank her for all she has done to make ArchivesSpace better.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>