[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Still troubleshooting ArchivesSpace / Preservica issue

Neal, Rick rneal at richmond.edu
Fri Oct 16 08:57:57 EDT 2020

Good morning,

I am still troubleshooting an issue with Preservica not being able to connect to our ArchivesSpace upgrade, which is on a new server.

Preservica tech support saw this in the log:

Caused by: org.springframework.web.client.RestClientException: Could not extract response: no suitable HttpMessageConverter found for response type [interface java.util.Map] and content type [text/html;charset=iso-8859-1]

I checked my config.rb file and have this in it:

AppConfig[:db_url] = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/archivesspace?user=asuser&password=somepassword&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8"

Is there some other place I have to change the Encoding perhaps?

Thanks,

Rick

Rick Neal
Library Systems and Applications Administrator
University of Richmond