[Archivesspace_Users_Group] General help on rights statements

Allison-Bunnell, Jodi jodi.allisonbunnell at montana.edu
Thu Oct 1 15:32:01 EDT 2020

As one of the people on the ASpace Trainer’s Group who developed the training for these modules, I can confirm that the purpose and use of these can be hard to understand!

CGA/CGU statements are pretty straightforward so long as you’re following DACS.

Rights statements are much less straightforward. They are really for specific use cases for some very large and complex institutions who are integrating RS with PREMIS data in preservation systems, and where the data is getting created in those systems and imported into ASpace.

Best, Jodi

Jodi Allison-Bunnell
(pronouns: She, her)
Head of Archives and Special Collections, University Archivist
Montana State University Library
jodi.allisonbunnell at montana.edu<mailto:jodi.allisonbunnell at montana.edu> ​
406-994-5297