[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Editing display columns for Collection Management in AS

Andrew Morrison andrew.morrison at bodleian.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 19 09:33:27 EDT 2020

The collection management columns are set up here:

https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/common/config/preference_defaults.rb#L91-L97

But that is not a file you can edit in a production instance of
ArchivesSpace. It sets the defaults which can then be overridden.
However, the staff interface does not include collection management
columns in its UI for doing so.

If you have an urgent need to change the columns, you could probably use
the backend API to override the defaults. I've never tried it myself,
but it looks like you'd need to find the ID number of the preference
record for the repository you want to change, download its JSON data
structure, add those seven collection management browse columns
reconfigured however you wish, and send it back. But you could only add
the following: processing_funding_source, processors, publish
(true/false), audit_info (created/last-modified).

Otherwise, you could raise an issue
<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/projects/ANW/issues/?filter=allopenissues>
requesting future versions of ArchivesSpace either have the ability to
customize collection management columns via the staff interface, or to
change the defaults to include what you think is missing.

Andrew.