[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Duplicated fields in resources bug?

Daniel Michelson dmichelson at smith.edu
Mon Jun 1 14:51:58 EDT 2020

Hi Kevin,

I'm sure this isn't much help, but we've also encountered this bug on one
resource record in 2.7.1.  We could not determine what might have caused it.

Dan

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 2:27 PM Kevin W. Schlottmann <kws2126 at columbia.edu>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are chasing an odd bug where certain fields are being inadvertently
> duplicated by AS when some other edit action is taken on the resource
> record.  The fields being duplicated are language notes, extent notes,
> and date notes at the resource-level.
>
> We are unable to replicate the bug reliably, on any given record, or for a
> record on a Test server where we see the behavior on Production. We are
> running 2.7.0, hosted by Lyrasis, with limited customizations.
>
> Has anyone come across this or a similar bug?
>
> Kevin
>
> --
> Kevin Schlottmann
> Head of Archives Processing
> Rare Book & Manuscript Library
> Butler Library, Room 801
> Columbia University
> 535 W. 114th St., New York, NY  10027
> (212) 854-8483

Dan Michelson
Project Manager Archivist
Smith College Special Collections

The Special Collections reading room is closed. As of March 18th, all
Special Collections staff will be working remotely. Smith course support is
our primary responsibility at this time.

Minimal reference services will be managed remotely by staff. Reference
inquiries that require access to physical materials will be held in order
of when they were received and responded to once the campus is reopened.
Expect a four to six week delay, minimum. There is a moratorium on
digitization services.

For information about Smith College’s response to Covid-19, please visit
the college’s official website
<https://www.smith.edu/student-life/health-wellness/coronavirus>. For
information about library services during this time, information is
available on our website
<https://libraries.smith.edu/library-services-during-covid-19>.