[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Agent records in ArchivesSpace and compound or hyphenated surnames

Natalie Adams na207 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 22 12:06:07 EDT 2020

Dear Matthew and Daniel,

Many thanks for replying so quickly.

Matthew- could you share details of how Violet Bonham Carter's agent record is constructed in your staff interface?

Daniel- the issue with the UK's NCA Rules is that the primary part of the name is the final element of a compound or hyphenated surname (Carter in Matthew's example). I wanted to check we'd be right to construct an agent record like this:-

Primary part of name: Carter
Rest of name: Helen Violet Bonham

Not
Primary part of name: Bonham Carter
Rest of name: Helen Violet

A sanity check with the listserv would be reassuring!

Best wishes,

Natalie

Natalie Adams
Systems Archivist