[Archivesspace_Users_Group] File Version HREF Attribute Incorrectly Assigned from EAD Exports

Corey Schmidt Corey.Schmidt at uga.edu
Wed Aug 19 11:27:43 EDT 2020

Dear all,

Hello, this is Corey Schmidt, ArchivesSpace Project Manager at the University of Georgia Libraries. I hope everyone is staying safe, happy, and healthy.

I'm having a problem with EAD exports from ArchivesSpace, particularly related to digital objects. When exporting EAD files, the digital object ID is assigned to the href attribute when in fact the File URI should be assigned to the href attribute. The converter is saying IF file_versions[0] != NULL THEN href="file_versions[0].file_url" ELSE href="digital_object_id". For our case, it is defaulting to ELSE, even though there are file versions attached to our digital objects and they are published. I confirmed this by making a get request for some digital objects and saw that the list of file versions for each one has at least 1 file version. Attached is a screenshot (because I'm from the "Show-Me" state).

When exporting records, we normally include digital objects, but we exclude unpublished components. However, when I tried including unpublished components, the File URIs are assigned correctly to href attributes. I checked the MySQL database and all the file versions for the field publish = 1 (which I assume means Publish = True). Within the staff interface, it also shows Publish = True, so I don't think it's an issue with either the database or Solr Index. I should note that this behavior is inconsistent, where some (usually smaller) finding aids will export with the file URI assigned to the href attribute without including unpublished components. However, the vast majority do not.

Any clarification and/or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Corey

Corey Schmidt
ArchivesSpace Project Manager
University of Georgia Special Collections Libraries
Email: Corey.Schmidt at uga.edu